Aubergine and Potato in a Sesame and Peanut Sauce
Preparation time: 1 hour
- 2 teaspooons toasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
- Half tablespoon ginger, crushed
- Half tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 300g small aubergines split down the middle, including stalks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- Half teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 100g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Handful of coriander
Put the peanuts and sesame seeds in a mortar and crush them.
Place the gram flour in a hot pan and dry roast the gram flour, stirring continuously for 3 minutes or so. Mix in the tomatoes, after having chopped them further in a food processor.
Place the tomato mixture, ginger/garlic, peanut mixture and chopped coriander in a mixing bowl. Add the turmeric. Season with salt to taste.
Stuff the aubergines with this mixture, saving any leftovers.
Heat the oil in a heavy pan. Add the mustard seeds, waiting till they pop.
Put the aubergines and potatoes in the pan, with any leftover mixture. Add half a mug of water and cover the pan.
Bring the pan to boil, turn down the heat and let the meal simmer for 25 minutes or so, until the vegetables are cooked.
|Sugar content in breakfast cereals remains too high according to Action on Sugar - Tue, 14 Feb 2017|
|Grapes could protect against Alzheimers disease claims study - Tue, 07 Feb 2017|
|New school exercise regime created to battle childhood obesity - Thu, 02 Feb 2017|