Grow Your Own Tomatoes
It is very simple to grow tomatoes from seed. There are also many types of tomatoes you can grow. Sow the seeds in late February and March in time for a great crop in the summer.
How To Grow Your Own Tomatoes?
- Scatter the tomato seeds across the surface of 7.5 cm or 3 inch pots full of compost. Place a slight layer of vermiculite over the top.
- Label your plants and place on your windowsill.
- As soon as the roots are visible through the pot holes, then place seedlings into a 12.5 cm (5 inch).
- Once the first flowers are visible, plant into your vegetable garden and secure onto a cane for appropriate support.
- Ensure your compost is moist. Make sure that you use tomato fertiliser on your tomatoes weekly, removing any side shoots.
- Nip the top of the plant when four branches of the flowers form.
What You Need to Grow Tomatoes
- Tomato seeds
- 7.5 (3inch) pot
- 12.5 (5 inch) pot
- Compost for seeds
- A growing bag
- A growing bag frame
- 6 feet garden frames
- Tomato fertilisers
|Amy Adams rallies against diets - Wed, 19 Jun 2013|
|Poor preschool eating habits risk later health issues - Tue, 18 Jun 2013|
|Vegetarian diets linked to lower death rate - Wed, 12 Jun 2013|