What to do:
- Plant in certain positions to help your garden develop and flourish.
- Place French marigolds alongside tomato plants in order to put off aphids.
- Place carrots and leeks alongside each other. They are both strongly scented, ensuring that they detract each other’s pests.
- Place nasturtium alongside cabbages. Nasturtium attract caterpillars, thus they do not start eating the cabbages.
- Planting garlic alongside roses keeps away aphids.
- Dill is a magnet for aphid-consuming hoverflies.
- Ensure you plant companion plants at the same time as planting the edible crops. You therefore prevent pests from starting their destruction of the plants first.