Globe artichokes are an exceedingly tasty vegetable. You can grow them in a vegetable patch or in a flower garden.
How To Grow Your Own Artichokes?
- Select a sunny, open spot, ensuring that the soil is well drained.
- Enhance the soil via by putting general fertiliser granules on top of the soil prior to planting.
- Make a hole a bit larger than the plant.
- Put a sucker in the hole in order that the soil mark on the stem is level with the surface soil.
- Fill up the hole with soil. Once firm, water it well.
- Cut off new buds in the first year, giving the plant adequate time to establish itself.
- You will be able to harvest the artichokes for consumption in the second summer, prior to the flower heads opening.
What You Need to Grow Artichokes
- Artichoke plant
- Watering can