Celery is a delicious addition to any recipe. Should you plant ready-grown seedlings in spring time, you can pick the crunchy, fresh stems during autumn.
How To Grow Your Own Celery?
- Select a sunny spot which has well-drained soil and is moisture retentive.
- Dig the soil in spring ready for planting. Add lots of well-rotted manure. Take out any big stones and weeds.
- A week prior to planting, place general purpose fertiliser granules on the soil and rake the granules in.
- Purchase ready-grown celery plants, plant 27cm apart, making sure that the crown is on ground level. Plant along a grid pattern to ensure best stems.
- Ensure the plants are well-watered, namely during dry periods. Feed the plants with a balanced liquid fertilizer each month after planting.
What You Need to Grow Celery
- Watering Can
- Celery Plants