There is no need to own an orchard to grow fruit trees. You just need a somewhat shady yet sunny spot to grow your own fruit trees.
How To Grow Your Own Fruit Trees?
- Select a sunny, protected spot.
- Dig a hole which is a third wider than the root system of the tree.
- Firmly put soil on the base of the hole, making a small mound.
- Put a stake in the hole off centre by approximately 7-8cm (3inches).
- Put the tree in the hole, spreading roots out. Ensure that the soil mark on the tree stem is at ground level.
- Try to make sure that the tree is straight. Put a stake behind the tree to ensure straightness.
- Ensure that you firmly place soil around the tree, enabling a small mound to form at the tree base.
- Attach the tree to the stake with some string or plastic tie.
- Put a grease band 45cm (18inches) above the soil level for protection from moths.
What You Need to Grow Fruit Trees
- A wooden stake
- A fruit tree
- Some string or plastic tie
- Grease band