Gooseberries are simple to grow. They are one of the first fruits of the season.
How To Grow Your Own Gooseberries?
- Dig up soil in quite a large patch in autumn. Remove all weeds.
- Make a planting hole. Fork some compost/well rotted manure in it, as well as pelleted general purpose fertiliser.
- Put cordons 30-45cm apart, spacing bushes a minimum of 1.2m apart.
- Water well and mulch thickly until the gooseberries are established.
- Place some netting over them during June and July for protection from birds.
What You Need to Grow Gooseberries
- Compost or well rotted manure
- General purpose fertilizer
- Watering can
- Pot grown or bare root gooseberry bush