It is very straightforward to grow onions and garlic
How To Grow Your Own Onions and Garlic?
- The simplest way to grow onions is from sets, which are readily available from garden centres.
- Get the soil ready two or so months prior to planting, by digging over and adding manure.
- In spring, plant those sets in shallow drills. Cover them so the tops are visible.
- Weed frequently and do not over water.
- Once the foliage begins to yellow, harvest.
What You Need to Grow Onions and Garlic
- Onion sets
- Fertiliser or well rotted manure