It is very easy to grow peaches on dwarf peach trees, without any need of a greenhouse. They are ideal for sunny, warm patios.
How To Grow Your Own Peach Tree?
- Select a large plant pot, a minimum of 30cm (12inches) in diameter. It will need adequate drainage holes.
- Place some coarse material at the pot base. Sit the rootball on a layer of loam-based compost.
- Fill round the rootball with compost. Pat down firmly. Water well and often.
- The flowers will need protection in the cold weather. So you need to bring the tub in indoors. Alternatively, you can cover it with a fleece.
- Thin the fruitlets when they develop; permit 20 fruitlets on a four year old tree.
- Select your juicy fruits when ripe.
What You Need to Grow Peach Tree
- Plant pot
- Peach tree