Spinach, spinach beet and leafy chard are simple to grow and high in essential nutrients, especially iron.
How To Grow Your Own Spinach, Spinach Beet and Chard?
- Dig the soil and add in lots of well-rotted manure.
- Take out weeds and any big stones. Rake in order to leave a smooth finish.
- For summer crops, plant chard seeds mid-March to late spring.
- Make a 2.5cm deep trench using a garden cane.
- Sow seeds 8cm apart, cover, then water.
- Consequent rows ought to be approximately 38cm apart.
- Once seedlings are 2cm high, thin to leave a plant every 30cm.
- Weed and water fortnightly during the summer, using a high nitrogen liquid fertiliser.
- To harvest, take off leaves as necessary from the outside of plants.
What You Need to Grow Spinach, Spinach Beet and Chard
- Garden cane
- Watering can
- Pencil and labels