Strawberries do not take up much room. They also produce delicious fruit and are very easy to look after.
How To Grow Your Own Strawberries?
- Dig over the soil, remove weeds and add compost or manure.
- Put strawberry plants 13 inches apart in rows which are 30 inches apart.
- Place plants in soil, with crowns showing at soil level. Water well.
- Put a net over the plants, preventing birds and squirrels eating the fruit.
- Remove all strawberries. Otherwise, they can rot on the plant.
- Check plants on a daily basis during ripening period.
What You Need to Grow Strawberries
- Strawberry plants
- Watering can
- Slug pellets