It is very simple to grow tomatoes from seed. There are also many types of tomatoes you can grow. Sow the seeds in late February and March in time for a great crop in the summer.
How To Grow Your Own Tomatoes?
- Scatter the tomato seeds across the surface of 7.5 cm or 3 inch pots full of compost. Place a slight layer of vermiculite over the top.
- Label your plants and place on your windowsill.
- As soon as the roots are visible through the pot holes, then place seedlings into a 12.5 cm (5 inch).
- Once the first flowers are visible, plant into your vegetable garden and secure onto a cane for appropriate support.
- Ensure your compost is moist. Make sure that you use tomato fertiliser on your tomatoes weekly, removing any side shoots.
- Nip the top of the plant when four branches of the flowers form.
What You Need to Grow Tomatoes
- Tomato seeds
- 7.5 (3inch) pot
- 12.5 (5 inch) pot
- Compost for seeds
- A growing bag
- A growing bag frame
- 6 feet garden frames
- Tomato fertilisers