We spend ⅓ of our life sleeping yet the majority of us don’t prioritise it.
There are so many great benefits of having good quality sleep on your health and wellbeing.
If you feel as though you’re struggling to sleep properly, then here are some tips on how to sleep better:
1) Minimise screen time. Before going to bed start by putting your phone on airplane mode this way you won’t be receiving any notifications and won’t get distracted.
2) Make sure your surroundings make you feel calm and comfortable, so use black out curtains, an eye mask or earplugs.
3) Start to form a good bedtime routine. This can include a soak in the bath or a hot shower, sleep sprays, sleep balms or even a relaxing candle.
4) Tire yourself out. If you feel as though you cannot fall asleep, why not try out some exercises or a long walk so you feel physically tired.
5) Reduce or cut out caffeine. Caffeine has a 12 hour life which means it will still remain in your system 12 hours later, so having caffeine in the evening will not help.
6) Natural sleep aids: camomile/lavender teas, magenium/lavender supplements etc
7) If you’re struggling to wind down, try some meditation before bed, write a list of all the things bothering you, write in your diary or write your to do list. By doing this it will help to clear your head before going to sleep.
Remember to stay healthy you have to take care of yourself in all ways.
Check out some products below that may help with sleep disturbance and insomnia.