Student dies after taking diet pills

Eloise Aimee Parry, a 21 year old university student from Shrewsbury, has died after taking diet pills which she purchased online.
They are believed to have contained Dinitrophenol (DNP), a highly-toxic substance which is an industrial chemical. The Food Standards Agency (FSA) is stressing the danger which is posed by consuming DNP.
A spokesperson said: “We advise the public not to take any tablets or powders containing DNP, as it is an industrial chemical and not fit for human consumption. It can be extremely dangerous to human health.”
After taking a total of eight pills, six more than the recommended dosage, Miss Parry complained about feeling unwell and drove to Royal Shrewsbury Hospital. The drug kicked in whilst she was there, and her metabolism soared. A toxicity test was carried out by doctors, but there was no antidote, and they were unable to stabilise her.
The cause of her death is still to be confirmed by a coroner, but it is strongly believed that the pills, which the police are now investigating the source of, are to blame.
“She was literally burning up from within. When she stopped breathing, they put her on a ventilator and carried on fighting to save her. When her heart stopped they couldn’t revive her,” said Eloise’s mother, Fiona.
“She had crashed. She had taken so much DNP that the consequences were inevitable. They never stood a chance of saving her. She burned and crashed,” she continued, in a statement which was released by West Mercia Police on her behalf.
It is imperative to always consult your GP before taking any form of medication, including diet pills. It is also important to be careful about where you source the medication from, because online sellers may not have the correct licensing, or be regulated properly for safety.
The best way to live a healthy lifestyle should involve plenty of exercise, and a healthy diet. This means that you should incorporate plenty of and reduce your consumption of processed food, sugar and salt.

Related Articles