This may not sound like a usual combination. However, it tastes lovely. The mild flavored flagellate beans as well as the potatoes render the soup creamy in texture. Broccoli is a highly nutritious vegetable, full of iron, folic acid and cancer combating phytochemicals.
For 4 servings
- 4 sliced spring onions, sliced
- A crushed clove of garlic
- 2 tea spoons of mild curry powder
- 1.5 litres or 2.5 pints of vegetable stock
- A medium chopped potato
- 50g or 1lb of broccoli florets
- 400g or a 14oz can of drained flageolet beans
Put the onions, curry powder and garlic in a pan with a quarter of a pint of the stock.
Bring to boil and then simmer for five minutes.
Place the remaining stock, broccoli and potato in the pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Put the beans into the mixture, then purée the soup in a food processor or blender (in a few batches as needs be).