Chillies, sweet peppers and aubergines are easy to grow in pots and from seed. They are all extremely tasty when home-grown, with multiple types to choose from.
How To Grow Your Own Chillies, Sweet Peppers and Aubergines?
- Put some seed compost in a 7.5 cm post, settle soil and firmly tap down.
- Put a few seeds on the soil surface.
- Place a thin layer of vermiculite on top, water, then label.
- Once the seedlings become 2cm in height, they need to be put into 7.5cm pots.
- Place in a 12cm pot once the roots are visible through the drainage holes.
- Once the plants are 20cm in height, wrap onto a crane.
- Once the plants are 30cm in height, pinch tops to form new branches.
- Place in 5 litre pots in May and place outside.
What You Need to Grow Chillies, Sweet Peppers and Aubergines
- 7.5cm pots
- 12cm pots
- Seed compost
- 5 litre pots
- Multi purpose compost
- Labels and pencils
- High potash feed
- Watering can